Our client is a family-owned, Waltham, MA-based owner/ developer with 60 years of success built on relationships and quality assets. Focused and visionary ownership, consistent quality of properties, and decades-long relationships are the solid foundation on which the company, the people, and the properties flourish today. The company fosters a culture that promotes new ideas and gives its employees plenty of opportunities to take on new challenges and grow professionally.
The firm is seeking an experienced Vice President of Operations to help lead and support the Construction and commercial Property Management divisions responsible for maintaining a 1.5M square-foot portfolio inclusive of both commercial and residential assets. The portfolio is expected to continue to grow through acquisitions.
The Vice President of Operations reports to the President and will work with an existing team responsible for leading and directing the physical operations of the commercial and retail real estate portfolio with physical operational oversight of multi-family properties. This individual will provide strategic support to ownership, the President, and the Board regarding capital improvements, asset upgrades, property management, and fit ups, along with identifying, procuring, and retaining the necessary talent to drive the overall performance of the company’s real estate portfolio.
The ideal candidate must be a proven real estate professional, with excellent management and leadership skills. Should have experience with a real estate organization that constructs, owns and/or manages a diverse real estate portfolio of assets in the northeast United States, along with the demonstrated ability to lead a dedicated team of construction and property management professionals.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the property and construction management teams.
- Collaborate with operations team, senior management, and owners to develop and establish plans that meet the strategic short and long-term goals of the organization.
- Provide leadership in the areas of real estate development, analysis, and oversight of capital projects.
- Identify opportunities to enhance property value for both commercial and multi-family residential properties.
- Oversee and provide guidance to the property and construction management team with all construction, renovation, and tenant fit up projects.
- Prepare for and attend regular meetings with senior management and owners to present information on the status of portfolio performance and progress on construction and capital projects.
- Responsible for ensuring the maintenance and integrity of the physical assets in the real estate portfolio.
- Create and develop operating and capital budgets for all commercial properties, optimizing both operational and financial performance of each property.
- Monitor performance of assets on an ongoing basis, as well as identifying new and innovative ways to enhance asset values and maximize net operating income.
- Provide and coordinate physical due diligence assessments for potential acquisitions.
Oversight of professional service providers, sub-contractors, and vendors.
- Promote safe work practices on the job site and ensuring all workers know how to follow safety procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or advanced degree in a related field preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in property management and construction operations (5+ years in a senior leadership role)
- Construction Supervisor license or other technical licensure strongly preferred.
- Familiar with applicable state or local regulations pertaining to real estate and construction.
- Significant experience and highly knowledgeable in all aspects of commercial building systems, design, construction, and operation.
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated and must excel at leading, mentoring, and motivating others.
- Experience with managing budgets and delivering high quality results in all facets of asset, property development and construction.
- Have a strong understanding of means and methods for completing various construction and capital improvement projects and the ability to provide ongoing support to Construction and Property Management staff when needed.
- Must have broad experience and understanding in most areas of commercial real estate including construction and property management, financial management and/or property accounting and commercial leasing.
The firm requires individuals to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Requests for exemption for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all employees and applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, or veteran status.
Apply for this job