Rockwood Capital is seeking an Asset Manager in their New York office. The successful candidate will be responsible for maximization of the performance and value for a large portion of the Company’s national residential holdings. This individual will asset manage a national portfolio of rental apartment communities weighted toward the East Coast. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a combination of applicable work experience and a passion for real estate investing. Working in tandem with and reporting to Rockwood’s West Coast-based Head of Residential, this position offers career growth and development and an opportunity to contribute to the overall success of Rockwood in a collaborative, team environment.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
The Asset Manager will function as a principal representative for Rockwood’s majority ownership interest in the portfolio, providing direction and leadership to both the operating partner that holds a minority interest in the assets and a geographically-dispersed national team property management staff with the following responsibilities:
- Manage the relationships with the operating partner and work with the operating partner to evaluate and resolve operating issues including regular pricing and operations check-ins;
- Prepare and execute on the annual strategic business plan for each property including development budgets, schedules and project plans and capital redevelopment project plans;
- Perform additional ongoing quantitative analysis as needed relating to hold/sell reviews, leasing for ancillary commercial space, and other ad hoc required reviews throughout the year to support maximization of value of existing investments;
- Work with the Head of Residential and internal team to review and approve all sales material, sales contracts, and other procedures and agreements relating to the disposition of the properties;
- Complete quarterly reporting and review operating/financial performance, variance analysis and operating/capital project status;
- Review third-party quarterly valuations; and
- Develop a complete understanding of the real estate markets in which portfolio assets are located through in-depth market research and asset specific due diligence.
Skills & Competencies
Rockwood is seeking an individual with high potential for growth and a team player who can work effectively with the Head of Residential as well as with the other members of the Rockwood leadership team. The Asset Manager must be able to effectively manage a growing portfolio of residential assets on a national basis and have the ability to utilize market knowledge to develop and execute the company’s strategic plan in order to complement the company’s culture.
- A demonstrated passion to pursue a career in the real estate investment field.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in the real estate industry, with at least some of that in the residential sector.
- Advanced Excel modeling skills and understanding of complex financial concepts.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to handle short timelines and multiple priorities while working well in a team and independently
- Excellent leadership skills with the level of maturity and presence necessary to interact with the senior management of the firm, operating partner, and various external constituents.
- Willing to travel at least 25% up to approximately 50% as needed.
The successful candidate will be a high-performing professional with broad experience and proven asset management skills to effectively perform the role as outlined. Given the importance of this person’s contribution to the business,our compensation is performance–driven and highly competitive.
More About Rockwood Capital
Rockwood Capital is a real estate investment firm with offices in San Francisco, CA, New York, NY and Los Angeles, CA. Rockwood was founded in 1995 and provides debt and equity capital for core, core-plus, value-add and special situation real estate investment opportunities. Rockwood Capital manages $9.0 billion of real estate on behalf of over 90 public and private pension plans; endowments; foundations; insurance companies, and high net-worth families and individuals.
Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status, or disability.
ROCKWOOD CAPITAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job