Asset Management, Facilities Manager
Company Background: ExchangeRight provides real estate investments that are structured to provide long-term, stable income and asset preservation to accredited 1031, 1033, and 721 exchange investors. Our goal is to consistently deliver diversified tax-deferred exchangeable portfolios of long-term, net-leased properties backed by investment grade corporations. We target corporate tenants that successfully operate in the necessity retail and healthcare industries to provide investors with stable and predictable income.
ExchangeRight’s long-term exit strategy is to provide greater diversification and value to investors by combining multiple portfolios of investment grade, net-leased assets into a REIT to execute a public market sale, merger, IPO or listing. We currently have over $3.4+ billion in assets under management and are on pace to add over $600 million in additional assets under management each year. Our portfolio of more than 800 properties is diversified across 40 states. ExchangeRight and its affiliate Telos Capital strategically invests primarily in real estate projects throughout the United States targeting value-add and opportunistic returns for investors.
Additional information on ExchangeRight can be found at:
Description of the Position:
As the Facilities Manager, you will be responsible for leading, supporting, and managing the quality of work of the Facilities Team of currently 5 team members and reporting to the Director of Asset Management. It is the responsibility of the Facilities Manager to oversee incoming maintenance requests of every property in the Company’s portfolio of over 800 properties and ensure they are completed in a reasonable amount of time, develop and maintain relationships with national vendors, monitor all contracted services, manage the overall caseload of each member on the team, and provide guidance on projects where needed. In order to be successful in this role, one must be able to support and communicate clearly and concisely within the team, have a solid understanding of building systems, think critically and be able to make informed decisions, and remain consistently organized with all Facilities Team related items.
Responsibilities of the Position:
· Ensure the team is logging and prioritizing all maintenance requests from lenders and tenants appropriately
· Support team members in their daily function of completing cases in a timely manner
· Lead team meetings to communicate relevant information, discuss team goals, and to work toward finding solutions for identified issues
· Provide guidance and expertise with technical aspects of requirements
· Identify potential issues in completing cases and report to Director of Asset Management in real time
· Schedule recurring 1 on 1 meetings with each team member to discuss performance, quality of work, constraints, difficulties, and to provide guidance
· Discuss case status updates with each team member
· Review weekly reports
· Observe and identify areas of improvement for each team member
· Streamline and develop standard operating procedures
· Provide support to tenant-facing administrative personnel
· Guide and mentor team members as they gain familiarity with processes and best practices
· Directly evaluate and provide recommendations on more challenging facilities-related issues
· Evaluate budget and actual expenditures to ensure alignment and properly communicate about any upcoming larger maintenance-related costs
What’s in it for you?
· Fast-paced, growing real estate company with natural career progression and access to executive management team
· Competitive compensation commensurate with experience with a bonus structure tied to performance and results
· $470/month employee covered medical benefits plus 50% coverage of the balance if any
· Paid time off (15 days per year for the first two years, 20 days from years 3 – 5-, and 25-days beginning year 6)
· Profit sharing and cash balance plan following 1 year of service. Both plans are 100% company funded and have vesting requirements.
ExchangeRight’s passion is to empower people to be secure, free, and generous. We seek to accomplish this by putting others first and we use the acronym, “FIRST” to identity how we will work together to reach this goal. These core values set the tone for the culture we nurture in the office. We apply these principles when evaluating performance and we expect all team members to be in alignment with these expectations:
We are faithfully committed to achieve the best outcome for those whom we serve.
We do what is right and we steward investors’ wealth the same way we do our own.
We take proactive personal ownership in everything we do.
We serve our clients, each other, and our community with humility and generosity.
We relentlessly go above and beyond approaching our work with healthy sense of urgency.
- Asset Management
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job