Director, Industrial Development and Acquisitions
Please apply through our website-not through NAIOP!
Reports to: President, Investments and Acquisitions
Wangard Partners is a national real estate company, established in 1992, that partners with high net worth and institutional investors to acquire, develop and manage multifamily, industrial, retail and office properties. With a team of highly skilled real estate specialists, Wangard Partners delivers development solutions to complex opportunities. Superior intellectual capital, deep real estate experience, dedication to environmental sustainability and strong relationships with local communities allow us to achieve our goals of building neighborhood vitality and delivering attractive returns for our investment partners.
Overview: The Director, Industrial Development and Acquisitions is responsible for sourcing and underwriting new industrial real estate opportunities for Wangard. This includes new developments, leases, acquisitions, and sale leaseback opportunities. This position will be supported by Wangard team members through securing entitlements and approvals, budgeting, design, financing, marketing, legal, and construction management. The position will also be responsible for executing the marketing and leasing strategy for Wangard’s existing industrial real estate portfolio by overseeing the entire development process start to finish. The Director shall have a strong understanding of macro and micro economic situations that impact the decisions of our industrial strategy.
Wangard Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Identify and pursue new projects and business opportunities including new acquisition, development, sale leaseback, built-to-suit and lease opportunities.
- Manage and drive the opportunity pipeline through direct relationships with end users, brokers and referral sources. Coordinate with the rest of team on helping to drive the opportunities forward.
- Develop relationships with local companies, leaders, and municipal officials to further understand different industrial opportunities and develop a strategic plan for each.
- Identify economic and market specific performance indicators within existing and potential markets.
- Coordinate with marketing to target appropriate companies and industries. Monitor success of marketing tools and social media for each space. Coordinate marketing materials for all available spaces.
- Coordinate with asset management to ensure spaces are lease ready across the portfolio.
- Assist in discussions and negotiations with financial partners. Serving as liaison to financial partners for market tours and updates. Key player in the production of financial models and development budgets.
- Manage new projects with support of development/financial services team including (1) site research, due diligence, inspections and feasibility; (2) developing and maintaining budgets, proformas, processing payments and requisitions, and working with design team to develop appropriate scope of work; (3) structuring, applying for, managing, and closing all public and private financing sources; (4) obtaining necessary permits; (5) ensuring the project is completed on schedule; and (6) overall day-to-day project management for all aspects of the projects.
- Represent the company at industry events, in policy conversations, and at various public forums in order to position the company's portfolio and experience to support future project opportunities.
- Put together recommendation and summary of the acquisition and development opportunities for the Acquisition Committee and Leadership Team.
Experience and Qualifications
- Skill set must span a range including negotiating, procurement, analytical, and interpersonal. Technical, planning and organizing skills are also key attributes. Must be able to facilitate continuous improvement within the function and across the organization with effective communications and relationship-building.
- Goal-Oriented: Demonstrates a track record of meeting and exceeding goals via planning and execution. Able to work independently and achieve the Company goals.
- Persistence: Demonstrates tenacity and willingness even in difficult circumstances. Looking to solutions if encounter an initial “no” if it meets the Company’s and individual’s strategy.
- Experience in sourcing and managing all aspects of a commercial real estate acquisition including, but not limited to, term sheet and contract negotiation, underwriting, due diligence, financing, and closing.
- Thorough understanding of financial concepts (DCF, ROI, IRR, NPV, etc.) of real estate, though the in-depth analysis can be done by the financial team.
- Track record of business development in the industrial facilities or industrial real estate industry is preferred.
- Ability to align organizational activities to strategic goals.
- Strong computer skills, including fluency in Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Word.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate concerns in a concise and timely manner.
- High degree of detail orientation and conscientiousness concerning the timely completion of assignments.
- Willingness and ability to contact potential tenants and purchasers.
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility of work product.
- High degree of credibility and confidentiality.
- Exceptional work ethic.
- Minimum of five years of Property Leasing, Acquisition, and/or Development is required.
- Real Estate salesman or broker’s license is required (or to be acquired within 12 months of being hired).
Physical demands include the ability to lift up to 25 pounds. The employee will be regularly required to sit; stand; walk; reach using feet, legs, back, arms and hands; talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to climb and use stairs. The employee will be required to work at a personal computer and talk on the phone for extended periods of time. Must possess the ability to detect auditory and/or visual alarms and be available to work extended/flexible hours and weekends, as needed.
This position is a full-time salaried position. This position requires the availability to work some nights, and weekends. This position will require travel to development and construction sites as well as land acquisition sites. This position also requires regular attendance and active participation/planning at all company functions and events. Driver’s license required.
Learning and Development
Maintain a commitment to ongoing professional development and career growth.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Business Development
- Financial Analysis
5+ to 7 years