The Development Analyst reports to the Development Manager based in Atlanta. The analyst will provide support to the project teams on both ground-up development and re-development projects nationally. The analyst will be responsible for managing the development budgets and developing pro-forma and cash flow models for a wide range of product types, including multi-family, retail, office and hotel. The ideal candidate should be passionate about development and construction and must thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented professional culture.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Design, or a related field of study from an accredited institution; and
- 2-3 years of experience in a related field; or
- Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Manage the pro-forma analysis as well as the development budgets for each project.
- Generate and analyze market reports.
- Prepare Investment Committee memos.
- Prepare internal reports, project trackers, and development updates.
- Provide analytical support for market research and research on product types.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, ARGUS and Power Point
- The development process from acquisition to disposition
- Overall understanding of the design process.
Skills and Abilities:
- Passionate about development and construction and constantly seeking out new ideas
- Ability to establish and manage budgets; conduct contract administration; monthly reporting for debt and equity partners.
- Ability to read design drawings.
- Communicates graphic ideas clearly and quickly
- Thoughtful and curious
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- The ability to meet deadlines, accomplish work in order of priority
- Self-motivation, leadership, teamwork and collaboration.
- Detail-oriented, logical, and methodical approach to problem solving
- Written and verbal communication
- Real Estate professionals at Jamestown are generally expected to work overtime hours, to be available for evening and weekend work as needed, and to respond to requests promptly, asking, if necessary, for specific guidance on deadlines.
- Financial Analysis
- Research/Market Analysis
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years