Sky Harbour is a unique aviation real estate firm with a mission to build thoughtfully designed, premium aircraft hangars on general aviation airports throughout the United States. We are seeking a motivated real estate accountant who is ready to bring their strong organizational skills to our rapidly expanding team. This is an opportunity to make meaningful contributions in our fast-paced, collaborative environment. Our ideal candidate has experience with Yardi, an interest in aviation (but not mandatory), and is ready to dive in and support the team-based effort by taking initiative and bringing order with your detailed bookkeeping.
Objectives of this Role:
- Create detailed journal entries and post them to the general ledger (GL) to track all income statements and expenses.
- Handle all accounts payable and receivable on a daily basis to make sure each invoice and expense report is accurate.
- Process development project invoices, including consultant and general contractor requisitions for payment on a monthly cycle.
- Code invoices, set up new accounts, reconcile accounts, and close the monthly books – making sure our records match up and no transaction gets lost.
- Using Yardi, enter financial data, making sure all data are filed correctly.
- Facilitate all incoming payments and outgoing checks, including printing, obtaining signatures for, and distributing checks as necessary.
- Follow up with vendors for accounts payable and keep in touch as needed for collections and ensure bills are paid on time.
- Prepare for quarterly reporting using standard best practices and assist in monthly closings.
- Assist the real estate team with other accounting duties as needed.
- Extensive knowledge of real estate accounting, or property accounting.
- Experience in real estate industry.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong Excel skills and experience with Yardi.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Three to five years of accounting experience required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Standard benefits package including health insurance.
- Accounting / Control
Apply for this job