With approximately $25 billion in assets under management and 11 global offices, USAA Real Estate is an industry leader in acquiring, developing, financing and managing the highest quality real estate assets in North America and Europe. The mission of USAA Real Estate is to serve the financial interests of its investor clients by strengthening the profitability and diversity of the USAA investment portfolio, which includes multifamily, industrial, office and hotel properties, as well as e-commerce logistics and distribution centers, media production facilities and data centers. Aligned with a series of strategic partnerships cultivated over decades of co-investment, USAA Real Estate engages with preeminent sector leaders demonstrating proven domain expertise in a shared drive to achieve superior, risk-adjusted returns. For more information, visit usrealco.com.
The Senior Associate -or- Director, Loan Asset Management will assist with asset management, surveillance and reporting functions for the Commercial Mortgage Loan Portfolio.
- Partner with Senior Director to conduct active portfolio surveillance to effectively monitor individual loan and property performance. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analyzing loan-level financial statements, rent rolls, and inspection reports to update the underlying collateral value and calculate/evaluate key loan metrics (i.e., loan to value, debt service coverage ratio, and internal risk rating).
- Collaborate with internal mortgage originators and accounting team, as well as third-party servicer(s), correspondents and legal counsel to complete routine and ad hoc loan management and reporting tasks.
- Create portfolio-level performance reports, presentations, and industry surveys for internal and external parties.
- Handle loan asset management and servicing matters including payoffs, prepayments, estoppels, lease reviews, SNDAs, reserves, escrows, draw requests, cash management, easements, financial reporting, inspections, post-closing items, and borrower requests.
- Coordinate and handle mortgage compliance, data input, and information integrity.
- Identify problem loans, develop monitoring plan, and recommend and execute loss-minimizing recovery strategies such as note sales, workouts, restructures, and/or foreclosure.
- Establish and implement process efficiencies, best practices, and standard operating procedures.
- Support Senior Director with other operational tasks and projects as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
At USAA Real Estate our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA Real Estate Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
- High achiever with minimum 5-7 years of experience in loan asset management, surveillance and reporting, preferably with a life insurance company.
- Extensive knowledge and experience underwriting, asset managing or financing all major commercial real estate product types. Strong understanding of valuation process; highly capable of valuing all major commercial real estate product types via DCF. Mortgage loan workout experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Real Estate, Accounting, Business, or related field. Master’s Degree, CFA, or other designations a plus.
- Extreme attention to detail; ability to independently deliver on a wide variety of tasks on a timely basis.
- High-speed, organized, self-motivated team player with strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and non-verbal communication skills. High emotional intelligence.
- Significant proficiency using Argus, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel. Ability to regularly work extended hours.
- Qualifications may warrant placement in different job title.
- Asset Management
- Capital Markets
5+ to 7 years