Responsible for conducting research and data analysis for a variety of organizational projects and initiatives.
1. Data Interpretation and Presentation
- Responsible for the collection, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of market research data through internal and external sources.
- Works closely with brokers to address their research needs and develops and prepares regular market reports, including quarterly market reports and submarket reports.
- Collaborates with colleagues on white papers and other special reports that highlight Edge’s best-in-class market analysis and thought leadership.
- Plays a key role in preparing market presentations to include developing forecasts and recommendations to clients.
- Participates in client meetings and prepares written market materials as needed.
- Coordinates with the marketing team to enhance the Edge’s reputation through media relations efforts.
2. Database Management and Integrity
- Maintains and updates procedures for acquiring, entering, and verifying real estate data related to properties, listings, tenants, and comparable transactions.
- Maintains the integrity of market data used in the research function, which includes overseeing data collection, data input/verification, and review.
- Responsible for addressing issues of data quality and will maintain a policy of data security both within and outside the office.
3. Monitors the research capabilities of local market competition.
4. Computer Software and Hardware
- Understands all software programs used within the research function.
- Researches and recommends new programs for the maintenance of research information.
- Evaluates new sources and existing products.
5. Understands all data sources to include but not limited to Real Capital Analytics, CoStar, ESRI, and other services.
6. Conducts training of administrative/resource staff in software programs, including proprietary databases, and supervises and
coordinates their use of such programs to provide broker support.
7. Promotes the research function and its capabilities to the brokers.
8. Attends advisory meetings and presents relevant research activities.
9. May participate in establishing an annual research business plan or team calendar.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Economics, Real Estate, Finance, Urban Planning or Business Administration
- Minimum two years professional experience in real estate market analysis or comparable field
- PowerPoint Proficiency
- Fluent with Microsoft Excel
- Database and project management experience
- Strong analytical, writing and communication skills; extraordinary attention to detail required
- Some public speaking experience preferred but not required.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- May perform other duties as assigned
Edge is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job