Realty Income, The Monthly Dividend Company®, one of four San Diego based S&P 500 companies dedicated to providing shareholders with dependable monthly income. The company is structured as a REIT, and its monthly dividends are supported by the cash flow from over 6,500 real estate properties owned under long-term lease agreements with regional and national commercial tenants. To date, the company has declared almost 600 consecutive common stock monthly dividends throughout its 52-year operating history and has continually increased the dividend since Realty Income's public listing in 1994 (NYSE: O). Our company attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If you appreciate working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on meritocracy and values a work-life balance, make sure to apply today!
As Realty Income’s Real Estate Paralegal, you will be responsible for ensuring timely and professional legal support to our national portfolio of properties. Your specialization in the Paralegal space will allow you to aid our Asset Management & Real Estate Operations team (AMREO), Development and Lease Administration (LA) teams. Working with a dynamic Legal Team, exposure to these growing AMREO and LA departments, and your ability to thrive independently will allow you to drive this opportunity. This fast-paced role will provide you exposure to several facets of our organization. If you are eager to work alongside a diverse group of attorneys and legal professionals, as well as create effective cross-department relationships, this role is for you!
Your Contribution to the Team Includes:
AMREO and LA Related Matters:
- Manage and coordinate landlord—tenant and lease administration matters (e.g., lease interpretation, landlord—tenant disputes, tenant notices, lease agreements, lease amendments, letter agreements, lease terminations, consents to sublease, lease assignments, collateral assignments and leasehold mortgages, alterations and improvements, landlord waivers and subordinations, landlord estoppel certificates, license agreements);
- Manage and coordinate leasing and disposition transactions including due diligence disclosures, document drafting and processing, communications with third parties, and pre- and post-closing tasks;
- Prepare interdepartmental reports and communications;
- Various research projects, analyses, and document preparation and processing;
- Assist with lender—borrower and loan administration matters;
- Assist with tenant bankruptcies;
- Serve as notary public (pursuant to applicable regulations for appointment).
- Monitor and work on condemnation/easement/third-party request matters;
- Prepare documentation to finalize transactions (e.g., temporary and permanent easements, deeds, contracts for purchase and sale, amendments to REAs);
- Monitor active files and follow up on matters proactively;
- Assist with other projects as assigned.
Document Retention, Audit, and Other Department Support:
- Comply with document retention policy and procedure and conduct quality control of files for input into the document management system;
- Assist attorneys with on-going document retention and corporate records retention as needed;
- Coordinate compilation and review of files and documents as needed for internal and external auditing;
- Work with and under, as appropriate, attorneys and paralegals in closing acquisition transactions, including (i) review of due diligence and transaction; (ii) review and approval of title and survey; (iii) closing tasks; and (iv) post-closing tasks.
What You’ll Need to be Successful:
- Minimum of 2-12 years of relevant or on-point legal experience;
- Bachelor’s degree and/or significant experience in commercial real estate transaction law preferred;
- A paralegal certificate from an ABA approved school (or otherwise meet requirements);
- Combination of education, training, experience, skills and other characteristics that would provide the requisite knowledge and abilities in support of the essential job functions;
- Strong computer skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe, Access and general internet and legal research;
- Perform a variety of duties within established time frames, demonstrating flexibility and ability to change from one task to another as circumstances dictate;
- Highly reliable; have an effective working relationship with colleagues and work well with a diverse group of attorneys, paralegals and other legal staff, as well as business and other contacts;
- Solid organizational and administrative skills, including performing duties with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness;
- Work relatively independently and identify potentially more effective methods of work operation;
- Sound analytical and critical thinking abilities upon which more highly tuned skills could be developed with additional time and experience;
- Reasonably strong understanding of basic legal document drafting; and
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), ability to be supervised and take direction, while working independently and taking the initiative to seek guidance as appropriate.
In response to COVID-19, Realty Income has maintained our business operations and have open opportunities, yet made necessary adjustments to our hiring process. We are conducting all steps of the interview process in a virtual capacity. In response to California’s Stay at Home order and other states with similar provisions, our employees will continue to work remotely until these restrictions have been lifted and it is safe to work in an office again. Realty Income has endeavored to be adaptable and strategic in our capacity to maneuver in an unfamiliar situation, and we pride ourselves on our resilience. We immensely appreciate both your flexibility and consideration of Realty Income for employment.
To all recruitment agencies, Realty Income does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job’s alias, Realty Income employees, or any company location. Realty Income is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
1+ to 2 years