Job Title: Investment Management Associate
Location: Los Angeles, CA
The Investment Management Associate will be responsible for working with the Acquisition teams from different offices on evaluating real estate investment proposals, tracking investment pipelines, and advising Executive Management for decision supports.
- Assist U.S. Investment Committee (USIC) on reviewing investment reports and underwritings in order to make sure their qualify needs the corporate requirements; actively identify problems and challenge the acquisition team’s assumptions in the reports;
- Provide independent analysis for CEO and Executives’ decision support;
- Assist management reviewing investment related legal documents, such as LOI, Term Sheet, PSA and JV agreement, etc. and provide suggestion;
- Organize and host the US Investment Committee (IC) meeting, acquisition workshop and sharing meeting, and Executive Discussion Process;
- Review the Monthly Pipeline Report, the Monthly Sales Report and the Quarterly Market Report, and provide feedback for improvement;
- Work closely with senior management, the position will facilitate the translation of relevant investment strategies and other policy intents into viable integrated tasks and priorities;
- Work with Executives creating valuable, transformative acquisition strategies by leveraging predictive/ analytical modeling, data mining, and research from large scale, complex data sets;
- Leads analysis in key areas to identify trends, and creation of executive summaries for senior management;
- Continuous evaluation of process, data, timeline effectiveness to provide recommendations on increasing effectiveness of results;
- Performance assigned corporate administrative duties such as organizing periodical Executive meetings;
- Performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Master in Investment related fields, MBA preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in real estate acquisition or investment with focus on single-family developments;
- Be able to work under pressure and to continue challenging acquisition team’s assumptions during the document review process;
- Computer applications including Argus & MS Office with specific advanced expertise in MS-Excel - must be able to build complex cash flow models across various asset types/financing scenarios from scratch;
- Real estate finance/accounting/economic fundamentals;
- Predictive/analytical modeling, data mining, and research from large scale, complex data sets
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality;
- Ability to apply critical thinking and analysis (forward thinking) to work product;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and self-direction;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to promote change;
- Bilingual Chinese.
- Investment Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job