**Position is immediate start date, must be available to start fall 2020
NorthMarq is seeking an Analyst to support the Underwriting group. We provide capital solutions for owners of commercial real estate. With regional offices coast-to-coast, we are the nation’s largest privately held servicer and provider of commercial real estate debt and equity. We continually establish new standards of excellence in serving a nationwide client base while focusing on the importance of relationships and service.
Position includes processing and analyzing information for loans pursuant to the guidelines required by the Fannie Mae multifamily program. The candidate will work closely with a diverse group including originators, screeners and underwriters, closing officers, borrowers, legal counsel, vendors, etc., in order to keep all informed of a loan's current status/progress. Position requires very organized, detail oriented people with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Position responsibilities fall under three general competencies which include Analytical Skills, Organizational/Project Management Skills and Customer Service.
- Responsible for providing support to their team by assisting in preparing loan request/investment report packaging, analyzing due diligence, and various support functions including:
- Inventory and review data provided and request additional information from the Borrower, if needed
- Gathers site, neighborhood, and city data including demographics, sales and rent comparables, absorption surveys and occupancy studies
- Analyze operating history, property rent roll, and other financial information
- Prepares underwriting template based on historical financial statements, projections, and market standards to determine a projected income, value and loan amount as directed by senior team members
- Review and analyze third party reports (appraisal, environmental, engineering, etc.) as directed by senior staff
- Review and analyze zoning and building code analysis provided by third party consultants
- Research property taxes to verify payment, outstanding taxes, exemptions and appeals
- Review Borrower structure by creating and/or reviewing organizational charts and organizational documents.
- Review and analyze Sponsor's real estate schedule
- Review mortgage verifications and certifications to evaluate Borrower's loan history payments and creditworthiness; verify liquidity
Organizational and Project Management Skills
- Plans and schedules own workload to best utilize time and most efficiently provide commercial real estate research, analysis, packaging, and loan closing services
- Oversee creation of checklist and appropriate forms based on transaction and borrower structure
- Track third party report delivery timelines; Complete quality control review on final reports and due diligence, when received
- Review Fannie Mae response letters and commitments;
- Assist in written and oral responses to internal and external parties
- Assist with closing of the transaction, as needed
- Review due diligence materials for accuracy with assistance from senior team member
- Manage deal flow between Underwriters, prioritizing daily tasks and identifying immediate needs
- Responsible for providing investors and borrowers with prompt quality service in a friendly and professional manner.
- Serve as secondary point of contact for borrowers; primary contact for third party vendors. Should be present for all kick off calls, status updates, etc.
- One to three years’ experience in a related field a plus, Commercial Real Estate experience preferred.
- Four-year college degree, preferably with major in real estate finance or business administration; MBA degree desirable.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and underwriting related experience.
- Familiarity with Fannie Mae multifamily loan programs a plus
- Strong computer knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, in particularly Word and Excel, needed. Aptitude preferred for Adobe, database applications, InDesign, ARGUS and Salesforce software a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task while under pressure.
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to travel for site inspections is required
Demonstrated Interpersonal and Professional Competencies
- Excellent analytical and math skills are critical
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated work ethic and willingness to work extended hours when necessary
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments; able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills to reflect level of responsibilities
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to maintain positive attitude in all situations
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
1+ to 2 years