The Director of Business Development is responsible for the overall leadership, management, and strategic execution of Roundhouse’s client relations and business development initiatives. The primary responsibility of the Director of Business Development is to build market critical mass by sourcing, developing, assisting in the negotiations, and closing of new management and consulting contracts for Roundhouse Communities. This person will also collaborate with the Executive Team on company strategy, vision, and mission to deliver and effectively onboard new assets.
A successful candidate will be highly entrepreneurial with developed leadership skills and will have considerable business development and transactional experience, multifamily real estate knowledge, and a strong work ethic. The candidate must be an excellent communicator, with the ability to report efficiently to senior leadership. This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Property Operations and is based in Boise, Idaho.
Culture and Value Expectations for All Associates:
- Understands and commits to Roundhouse’s Mission, Guiding Principles, and Standards.
- Demonstrates these behaviors in daily work and interactions with residents, co-workers, and all those we serve.
- Exhibits positive work ethic, inspires others and adheres to standards of business conduct, compliance, and Roundhouse branding.
- Displays an intense focus on a resident experience that emphasizes connection with the community, thoughtful design, and respect for the environment.
- Establish and manage a robust pipeline and key relationships with owners of institutional-grade multifamily real estate.
- Develop, communicate, and maintain accountability for clear growth strategies and plans across target markets.
- Identifies new management opportunities by researching publications, and announcements; tracking individual apartment property owners and developers seeking apartment management and/or lease-up services.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting existing and potential new apartment owners and/or via continuous interaction with the brokerage community and identifying and exploring opportunities within specified regions.
- Screens potential new management opportunities by analyzing market activity, potential RFPs, and presenting for consideration management opportunities to SVP/COO.
- Coordinates with Senior Vice President, Regional Managers, and any other personnel, as needed, to prepare necessary materials and presentations that may be required as part of the process to obtain new management.
- Generate new business with clients by creating new contacts and creatively finding ways to generate new referral sources. Attend key networking events with professional organizations and trade shows.
- Serve as manager for client relationships, satisfaction, and the overall success of Roundhouse’s 3rd party client experience.
- Enhances and updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations as approved by supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of sales and marketing experience. Regional Marketing Director or business development/third party sales designation is preferred.
- Market Knowledge, Presentation & Public Speaking Skills, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism.
- Networking, Persuasion, Research, Writing, Identification of Customer Needs, and Challenges.
- Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Territory Management
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently
- An organized and efficient individual with the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Ability to think globally while keeping long-term goals in mind
- Logical problem-solving skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Requires the ability to travel up to 40% of time as necessary
- Business Development
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job